Tosa Tales

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Busy weekend

I bribed a friend of mine with dinner if she would come over and trim my dog's toe nails. Doggy has recently decided she doesn't like having her nails trimmed so it was time to call in reinforcements. So Friday night we had a nice dinner that started kind of late. At midnight we were in the hallway trying to trim Doggy's nails. B held on to her, I kept feeding her a constant stream of liver (yuck!) and my friend cut her nails while sternly telling her that growling was not acceptable. It must have been a funny scene.

Saturday night we went to a going away party. Another person is leaving. It has been a very common occurance since the former CIO left. Seems like every week someone else is leaving. There were a bunch of people I knew at the party so it was fun. Especially catching up with people I haven't seen for a while.

I am envious to see these people leaving MKE for warmer or better places. I need a new challenge. I'm bored with my current job. Joo and I started talking about the catering business again. We love to cook and this idea might be good when we start having kids. We've thought about working part-time or job sharing but it is difficult to find the right job and right manager to make something like that work. Maybe we will start small by doing some catering for friends and see how it goes.

By Sunday, I was wiped out. My workout was tough probably because I was so tired and drank some wine the night before. I was so happy to see B still in bed when I got home, I could have jumped for joy if I wasn't so tired. We ended up taking a 4 hour nap. The rest of the day wasn't that productive either but I need days like that to help me get through the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home