Tosa Tales

Friday, July 01, 2005

It's been so long!

I didn't realize how long it had been since my last posting! I've actually been busy for once. One of our critical systems at work started crashing constantly and I was assigned to a "Tiger Team" to help deal with the problems. Took the teams (and our system vendors) a while to figure out the problem.

Now things are pretty much back to normal and I have time to post. The biggest thing that has happened to me recently is my purse got stolen. You are probably thinking, "That sucks!" Well, it gets better...

I've been working out at Bally's for a while, trying to firm up and slim down for the wedding. Walked in, dropped my stuff off in the locker room and locked up. Went to work out and when I got back to my locker an hour later, the lock was missing. Uh oh. I open the locker and look around. My car keys are missing. Oh shit! I race out to the parking lot and thankfully, my car is still there. After looking around in my car, I realize that my purse is missing. Lovely!

I report it to Bally's and they call the cops. Have to call B because they have taken my car keys and I need him to bring the spare. For some reason, I'm not that upset. Probably because in the grand scheme of things, this is minor. Compared to being in a car accident or someone breaking into your house and stealing your TV & VCR, this doesn't seem that bad. It pissed me off more than upset me. If they had stolen my car, it may have been a different story.

So I gave my report to the cops. Everyone kept asking me, have you cancelled your credit cards? I ask you... HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DO THIS? I don't have the phone numbers of my credit card companies floating around in my head! I may have a good memory for numbers, but not THAT good. Obviously, the phone numbers are on the back of the credit cards that WERE STOLEN along with my purse. DUH! As soon as I got home, I started making calls to cancel everything.

The most annoying part is that inside my purse were my new (expensive) glasses and my cell phone. Those have been the most problematic to replace. Everything else was replaced by a simple phone call. I would already have a new cell phone if B hadn't said that I should really shop around before buying a new one. My contract is up with Sprint so I can switch with no hassles. This also means that I haven't quite decided which service to try. All of them have pros and cons. I think I'll just go renew with Sprint (they will give me a discount for it) and not mention it to B until after it's over. Researching mobile phone services is not my idea of fun. I'll just go with the lazy choice.

One other big event... THE TILE IS DONE! Finally! I thought the day would never get here. The only big thing left is to paint all the trim. I'm already about half way there so I hope it will get done over the holiday weekend. We didn't make any big plans so we should have plenty of time to work on the trim.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home