Tosa Tales

Thursday, July 07, 2005

July 4th Recap

Had a nice, relaxing holiday. Saturday we went to a baseball game. Did some tailgating before the game and got to catch some fireworks after. Weather was beautiful (a bit chilly) and the game was a close one so it was fun.

Sunday we went to a friend's and grilled out. We talked our friend into grilling pizzas (a new favorite of ours). You just buy the pizza crust, roll it out a bit, slather it with olive oil and pile on whatever toppings you want. The hardest part is getting the crust on the grill without ripping it. Even with some holes, it's very yummy. We then had carmel apples from Cedarburg for dessert. To me - food for the gods! Again the weather was great and we got to bring the dog with us so she didn't get stuck at home.

I did feel a little bit bad for bringing the dog though. There were 4 dogs total running around and the host had just re-sealed his deck. Now there are a bunch of nail scratches over the newly refinished surface. We tried to keep them off the deck but not with much success. If it had been my deck, I wouldn't have cared but...

Monday we didn't do anything. Weather was crummy and we had more than enough fireworks the previous 2 days so didn't feel the need to brave the rain. Tuesday,we started registering for the wedding. This was a fun and frustrating task. B kept trying to talk me out of putting things on the registry because we don't "need" it. I kept trying to explain to him - it's not about need. It's all about WANT.

In my opinion, people are going to buy you gifts anyway. Why not give them an idea of what you want instead of them guessing and you end up with something hidious that you feel obligated to keep. Besides, why not get some new stuff to replace the old? My problem is that I am a kitchen gadget freak. I have already amassed a large collection of utensils and appliances that a normal kitchen does not have. I like to cook and like to use the right tools.

I think I will have to do some registering on my own and not mention it to B.

1 Comments:

  • You definitely need to register for as much stuff as possible! And if you can't get the fun stuff then what's the point?

    By Blogger Maple, at 10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home