Tosa Tales

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Can we start over?

This has not been the best start to a year. If I wasn't so fed up with cold weather and snow, I'd really wish hard for a rewind. So that is obviously my first complaint. TOO MUCH SNOW! I'm done. Don't need any more snow or cold weather. Too much snow has not only made me long for warmer climates it has also done some damage to the new car.

Yes. The new car has some boo-boos. I was dropping a friend off at a nearby Holiday Inn and an avalanche of snow dropped on my car roof from their (still under construction) 20-foot high porte-cochere. It put many dents in the roof and pushed in one side of the sunroof so that it won't close or retract. The rough estimate is $2-4,000 to fix it.

We decided to inform Holiday Inn of the damages and see if they would cover it so that our premiums don't go up and we aren't out the $500 deduction. According to their insurance person, it was an act of God and I should be more aware of my surroundings due to the climate I live in. Doesn't matter that it is still under construction, poorly designed for a climate that produces a lot of snow, STUPID to do construction in the middle of FREAKIN' WINTER and who the hell drives around looking 20 feet in the air to make sure snow isn't going to fall on their car?

In the meantime, we are in line to get it fixed. There is a big backlog at the autobody shop due to all the crappy weather. I only drive the car back and forth to work and the sunroof is taped shut to prevent leaks.

That's enough complaining for now. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home