Tosa Tales

Monday, August 15, 2005

Another Good Weekend, eh?

I'm back from the great white north. More like the great damp north. It was cloudy and rainy for most of my visit but it didn't matter. I was catching up with friends so the weather had no impact. Had dinner with Rika and then Bam Bam. Both seem to be doing really well. BB and I commented on how everyone seems to be 'growing up'. Marriage, babies, mortgages, etc. WEIRD!

I also got to visit with Maple (aka Smelly) and family. Her son is quite the little spitfire. He has a head of firey red hair (even though his mom is Indian/Dutch and dad is Italian) that he somehow got from a Dutch great-grandfather. Even with the red hair, there is no doubt that he is his father's son. They look so much alike. Little Spitfire is constantly on the go and laughing all the time. It was fun to watch him tear around the house and get into mischief. Maple will really have her hands full in February because she has another baby on the way. Congratulations to Maple and family!!!

Even though I had a really fun weekend, I was very happy to be home. I missed B and my puppy and everything else that makes home the best place to be.

Next weekend we are on the go again. It's the bridal shower in Peoria. My sister and cousin are hosting and I'm a little scared. Sister has been eagerly awaiting a chance to get back at me for some pranks I pulled at her wedding. Hopefully it won't be toooo embarrassing.

1 Comments:

  • I found your blog through firecracker's blog (not even sure she knows I read her blog)...I've heard bits and pieces about your wedding from violet and from reading firecracker's blog. I know it's been forever since we've talked but I wanted you to know I think about you and wonder how you are. I'm so happy that you are getting married. I've always thought you deserved the best and it seems you are getting it. Although I can't seem to find your email address, I figured I'd post a comment on your blog and somehow it would get to you.

    Even though we lost touch I still cherish the times we had together. It honestly makes me so happy to know your life is so fulfilling. I hope only good things are in store for you. I'll try to keep up on your life through this blog...if that's ok. ;-)

    By Blogger Networkchic, at 3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home