Tosa Tales

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Fiesta(every)ware!

Even though I am not a fan of showers, this one was ok. A few games that weren't so bad. It was a little weird opening presents with a bunch of people watching. Especially since almost ALL the gifts were our Fiestaware dishes. Hard to show a lot of excitement and enthusiasm when you know what you are opening as soon as you grab the box.

We registered for 10 sets of dishes and got 15. Not that I mind! The extra sets will go back to the store and get exchanged for something we didn't get as a present. I don't have much hope of getting the AlClad pots and pans (a bit expensive) so I'm hoping to build up some returns so I can get some AlClad.

I've spent the last 3 days washing dishes and rearranging my cabinets. Although, the rearranging was kind of fun. All the old stuff is now boxed up and in the basement. I could not get Brad to part with his plastic plate that he loves. He was also reluctant to get rid of the old Corningware plates that he likes. Even though he agrees they are ugly, he likes the size. I pointed out that our new salad plates are pretty much the same size and he said goodbye to the ugly old plates. (YEAH!)

It was good to see some relatives and friends I haven't seen for a while. I felt a little weird getting gifts from people I haven't even talked to in over a year. I have to remind myself that they also benefited from me when they got married so I shouldn't feel guilty. Only one minor mishap occurred. The icing on the cake melted a bit during the trip down from Milwaukee. But my friend, the Grand Gourmet, fixed it up and it looked great. She smoothed out the icing and we stopped by the store to pick up some fresh flowers. A great tip for any baker out there... flowers look beautiful on a cake and also hide imperfections.

After the shower, we decided to make dinner and talked about going out to the local bars. However, after eating a great meal and drinking a bunch of wine, we were tired and lazy. Instead we stayed up chatting and drinking wine. Poor B had to sit there and listen to a bunch of women talk about some subjects that I know he didn't want to hear about. WELCOME TO THE FAMILY! :)

2 Comments:

  • Lady, did you get the package from your sister from me? how'd you like the contents.... I figured one for the bachellorette, one for the wedding and one for ireland...

    nub nu

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:54 PM  

  • Very cute 'contents'. Something I could actually wear! Unlike the items my sister gave me. :)

    Nub Nu 2

    By Blogger Tosa, at 4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home