Tosa Tales

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Some forgotten items...

I forgot to mention a few things in previous blogs and was reminded of them recently. Not sure if all of you out there are hockey fans but when I was in high school, Eric Lindros was an up-and-coming star in the minor leagues. I had a HUGE crush on him. He was (and still is) very cute. It was a big deal in Canada when he was finally old enough to join the NHL but he pissed off a lot of people when he refused to play for the Quebec Nordiques. At the time, the Nordiques were the worst team in the league which is why they got the first round draft pick. He ended up getting traded to Philadelphia and didn't do as well in the NHL as expected.

Anyway...while I was in Toronto, the big news was that Eric is now going to play for the Toronto Maple Leafs. The team he always wanted to play for. There are many Canadians (including Firecracker) who are not at all pleased. Although, because he has had such a lack-luster career (and one more concussion may end his career altogether), he isn't going to be getting much by moving to Toronto. I find it somewhat amusing that he was soooo arrogant starting his NHL career and now he has to take what he can get. Makes me wonder where he would be today if he had just stuck it out in Quebec (now the rather successful Dallas Stars).


Another forgotten tidbit - I was really hoping someone would notice the weight loss last weekend. But, no dice. I got a few comments that I looked good. My grandma asked why I didn't wear any clothes to my shower. :) I decided to wear a new strapless top with a skirt. This is a new thing for me which is probably what prompted my grandma's comment. I am very petite in the bust area and never thought I had enough to keep a strapless top in place. After reluctantly trying on some strapless wedding gowns, I now like the way they look and realized that I have just enough to keep the top in place.

One more funny family story, then I'm done. My friends and I were discussing the arrival time for the shower and I mentioned that my family is early for everything. If an event starts at 2, it means the food is served at 2. If you want any, you better show up before then to get in line. They thought I was exaggerating but the tribe stayed true to form! My friends and I had to make a quick stop at the grocery store to pick up some flowers on the way to the shower. As we are pulling into the parking lot at 2:01, my cell phone rings. I know right away, it is one of my relatives wondering where I am. So, I answer the phone and say right away, "We are parking the car right now". I hear an, "Ok", and they hang up. As we walk into the restaurant, sure enough, there are all of my relatives seated, drinks in hand and ready to start the festivities. It's not like they all carpooled together either! Not one of my family members arrived later than we did. LOL!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home