Tosa Tales

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Changing Jobs

Why is it never easy to change jobs? For once, I'd like a great job to turn up at the right time and place that I really want to do. In reality, this never happens for me. There are always issues with the new job or I have to pick between a few options, none of them being great or the timing doesn't work out.

Again, I am in that situation. I'm ready to move into a new role and have found a few opportunities that look good on the surface. After digging deeper, each of the jobs has it's pros and cons. I've been asking different people their opinion to help me make a decision but I'm torn. Sometimes I wish I could just take a quick peek into the future to help answer that 'what if' question.
Well, since I don't have a crystal ball, that isn't an option. I ended up picking the job where I would learn the most. My new manager is a bit of an unknown to me. I've worked with him in the past and in general, I liked him. But as most of you have probably learned, it is very different to work with someone then work FOR them.

Keep your fingers crossed that I made the right choice. Who knows what the future holds...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home