Tosa Tales

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

On to Saturday night...

A couple that B and I used to be friends with (previously mentioned in this blog) are moving to Seattle. Their final farewell party was on Saturday night. We had many reservations about going to this party. One of them being, I never actually receive an invite as I mentioned a few weeks ago. In the end, we decided to go. It's the last time we will ever see them so what do we really have to lose.

B came up with the idea to only go for a while then go out to dinner. It's been a while since we went out together downtown and B thought it could be our reason to leave in case we didn't want to stay too long. It was a pretty lame excuse to leave a party but oh well. I also carefully dressed for this event. I wanted to show off my new slim body so I wore some new jeans that fit snugly and a new form-fitting top that has a very low back.

As we entered, we spotted Mr. Seattle first. B headed to the bar to grab us some drinks and I stood near the circle of people surrounding the guest of honor. He eventually noticed I was there and paused to say hi. We started chatting about Seattle and his new job. Sounds like he is very happy to get away from his former employer (my current one). They have found a condo to rent but haven't been able to sell their MKE condo. That sucks. It's been up for sale since the summer and no offers as of yet. There are so many new condos going up, it's hard to sell a used one even after they have lowered the asking price 3 times.

Mr. Seattle soon moves on to chat with other party attendees and another friend comes up to us with stickers for us to wear. This marks us as being in the bar for the Farewell Party. She stays to chat for a bit and a new person wonders in. This is a friend we haven't talked to in a bit. He stops to chat. Meanwhile, we haven't made our way over to Mrs. Seattle yet. Neither has she made an effort to come greet us. Why am I not surprised?

Mrs. Seattle eventually stops by to say hi. She chats for a bit and quickly moves on to greet some other people that had recently arrived. Maybe it was just me but I didn't feel very welcome. It's pretty much what I expected considering she did the same thing at my wedding. We continued to talk to some party attendees and after about an hour decided to head out. We stop by Mr. Seattle to say goodbye and good luck. He told us that we must come out and visit them in Seattle. Yeah, right. I think if his wife had been standing beside him at that moment, she would have been kicking him in the shins.

We then stop by Mrs. Seattle to say a quick farewell and also a quick hello to some other people we hadn't talked to yet. I now feel like a chapter of my life is closed. I no longer have to wonder if I will run into them at work functions or obsess over hidden meanings behind actions and comments. One thing I am curious about is whether Mrs. Seattle's cohort will act any differently towards me now that they have left town. I doubt it but we shall see.

1 Comments:

  • I'm glad you went to the party...even if it did turn out the way you thought. Kudos on your new slim body. :-)

    By Blogger Networkchic, at 12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home