Tosa Tales

Monday, November 14, 2005

Busy weekend

It was non-stop since Thursday night. We left home around 8pm to head down to Peoria for the wedding reception party. I had pre-made some stuff for the party but still had much to do. Got up early on Friday to start making the cakes. Don't ask me why I made the cakes instead of buying...I just wanted to. Spent most of Friday running to the grocery store or baking. Thank goodness my cousins, aunt and Firecracker came over to help out. I couldn't have finished it all without them.

Special thanks go to Firecracker for saving the chocolate cake. As I was putting it in the fridge, it started tilting and sliding sideways. She put her hand out and stopped it from ending up on the floor. Probably saved me from having a melt-down also.

Saturday also started early. I had some last minute prep to do and flowers to buy. We were decorating up to guests arriving. It was good to see everyone. I didn't get to spend as much time as I would have liked with some because I had to mingle. B and I kind of separated and tried to make our rounds. I didn't really see much of him that day.

We tried to get a bunch of people together to go out to the bars but most people were tired or not feeling well. We are definitely getting old. Six of us headed down to Sully's for a beer, drank 2 rounds and headed home (losers!). I had consumed enough caffeine that day to probably keep going but it's probably good that I didn't. Sunday started out early too.

We did a brunch at my mom's house on Sunday for all the people visiting from out of town and some of my relatives. I was up early baking egg casseroles and frying sausage. We put Firecracker and Auzzie to work cutting up bagels, fruit and veggies (thank you). Again we were rushing to finish before guests arrived.

Got to see a bit more of the Canadian girls before they headed home. I'm so glad they could all make it. It's a 10-hour drive which is not easy to do over a weekend. Especially since one friend came with an active 18-month old and was 7-months pregnant while the other friend is still fighting a bad cold. I maybe see them once a year or every other year but we always have fun when we get together.

Finally got home around 8pm and I went straight to bed. I need a weekend to recover from my weekend! Hopefully Thanksgiving won't be quite so hectic!

1 Comments:

  • I'm glad your reception turned out well. I get flashbacks when you mention Sully's. I think my last time there was one New year's eve which left us stranded without a cab hitching home. Oh...we are old, that seems like a lifetime ago.

    By Blogger Networkchic, at 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home