Tosa Tales

Friday, December 16, 2005

HO! HO! HO!

This weekend is bound to get me in the Xmas spirit. Saturday is the 6th Annual Santa Pub Crawl here in Milwaukee. Six years ago, a group of friends and co-workers decided to get together and do a pub crawl dressed up in Santa suits. And so a tradition was born.

Even though I missed the first SPC, I haven't missed one since then. In a round about way, it's how I met my husband, B. We were both there at the second SPC (along with 20 other Santas) but didn't meet or talk to each other. I actually hooked up with a different guy that night. B and I officially met a few weeks later at a birthday party for 2 women. One of the women is a friend of B's and is also the person who organizes the Santa Pub Crawl every year. The other woman was a friend and co-worker of mine. The rest is history.

Needless to say, the SPC holds a special place in my heart. A bunch of fun-loving people get dressed up as Santa or some other sort of Christmas character, get on a big yellow school bus, fill ourselves with alcohol and spread Christmas spirit and candy canes all over Milwaukee. This year is the first time I've convinced my friend, Firecracker to join in the festivities. I'm also introducing newcomer, Auzzie to this Milwaukee tradition. I'm really looking forward to it!

The only down side is that I just found out Mrs. Seattle is also coming. Just when I thought I would never see them again. But, according to her, I'm much more fun when I'm drunk and why can't I be like that all the time? Nice thing for a 'friend' to say, isn't it?

I'm not going to worry about it. The word is there are at least 50 Santas going. Plenty of other people I know and have had tons of fun with in the past will be there. I'm not going to let anything bring me down.

1 Comments:

  • I'm definitely looking forward to the festivities and I'll be heading out to find a Santa suit shortly. See you tomorrow!!

    By Blogger Maple, at 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home