Tosa Tales

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Santas Everywhere!

Saturday was a fun night. The 6th Annual Santa Pub Crawl lived up to it's reputation of a fun-filled, drunken bash. Every year, some of the santas try to be a little extra creative with their costumes. We have had Mexican Santa, Race Car Santa, Chef Santa, etc. This year, I think everyone got a big laugh out of Drag Queen Santa, "Andrea". He/she is a tall, brawny looking person that had a short skirt, low cut jacket that showed off his large, black lacy bra, black pumps (size 12 EEE), fishnet stockings and bright, red lipstick. Andrea was definitely the main attraction for entertainment that night. I'll try to get some pictures uploaded - you have to see to really enjoy.

The evening started off with a party at the main Santa's house. The santas gather here to catch the bus and to begin the alcohol consumption. We all pile on the bus and head down to the first stop - County Clare. This is a restaurant/bar. Many people are there eating a quiet meal until they are surrounded by Santas. We continued the beverage consumption, handed out candy canes and gathered by the Christmas tree to serenade the patrons with Jingle Bells. Most people are amused by 50 santas singing Christmas carols but you could see a few that were really annoyed. TOO BAD!
On to the next stop - Fritz's. Usually this bar is hopping with people and sometimes a band. This year, it was dead. The santas had the run of the place. Auzzie, Firecracker and I played some pool while most of the male santas went next door to the lesbian bar, Walker's Pint. This is an annual tradition for the men and some of the lady santas. The men are facinated by a bar full of women that have no interest in them. Why? Because boys are weird.


Next stop - Milwaukee Ale House. This is the first time the SPC has stopped at this bar. The only problem was the crowd. There was a band playing and the bar was packed. Some of the santas were not happy about the band's choice of music - country. But by now, most of the santas were too tipsy to really care (me included).

Last stop of the night - Wolski's. A little dive bar off the beaten path but it's always the last bar for the SPC. There is plenty of activities for drunken santas to reek havic on and free popcorn to help soak up the overabundance of alcohol in our systems. I did the smart thing this year and switched to water so I was doing pretty well by the time we loaded on to the bus for the trip home. Others weren't so lucky. We had to pull the bus over to let one inebriated santa off so they could spill their guts on the sidewalk. Two other santas utilized the now empty candy cane bags to catch the remnants of their night of excess.

A few lessons were learned by some new santas. Slow down towards the end of the night and DON'T ride in the back of the bus. The extra bouncing around is brutal on a queasy stomach. Overall, I think everyone had fun. I barely talked to Mrs. Seattle. There was only one incident where she had to point out that she had seen me smoking (I tend to take a few puffs when I'm drunk and a cigarette is offered). I did hear from Firecracker that she read the riot act to Mrs. Seattle regarding the issues we've had but I have yet to hear the details. What I did hear about will have to wait for another blog.

I am now in a very festive mood and am looking forward to visiting my family for the holidays. I hope every has a very merry Christmas and happy new year!!!

1 Comments:

  • "The men are facinated by a bar full of women that have no interest in them. Why? Because boys are weird," oh my this is so true. I had to have a laugh at this and the image of a bunch of Santa's standing around a Lesbian bar, mouths gaping in shock at all the women who are not into them. Too funny.

    I'm glad you are in the spirit now - Have a Merry Christmas!

    By Blogger Networkchic, at 11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home