Tosa Tales

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Dilemma

Made it to Hip Hop last night (barely) and met up with Auzzie's friend, Blondie. As usual, dance class was a bit challenging for this white girl. It lasts an hour and a half and my tired brain is only able to absorb new dance instructions for the first hour and 15 minutes. The last 15 are a wash.

This was Blondie's first time at Hip Hop. In general, she seemed to do pretty well (bitch!). She mentioned that she was a former cheerleader and the moves were a bit more funky that she was used to. Cheerleader??? As Firecracker can attest to, the cheerleaders in my high school were big time losers and a regular source of hilarity and scorn for the rest of the school. Add to that the stereotypes of the typical cheerleader and you may realize why I would consider this new element to Blondie a strike against her. It also explained why she picked up the dance steps quickly (another strike against her just because I'm jealous!).

I still can't decide if I want to invite her to the cooking class. I know she likes to cook but the event involves spending 2 hours in the car (1 hour drive to Madison). That's a big committment for someone I don't know very well! What if I end up stuck listening to..."this one time, at cheerleading camp..."??? I know I'm delaying making a decision because B will go to the cooking class (even though making hors d'oeurves isn't his thing) with me if I ask.

Maybe I should ask her if she's heard of the show, Square Pegs? LOL!

1 Comments:

  • Oh dear..this one time at cheerleading camp...yikes. I bet she hasn't heard of square pegs..only cool people watched that show. :-)

    By Blogger Networkchic, at 9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home