Tosa Tales

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Happy (belated) V-day!

Valentine's Day was pretty uneventful. Our original aniversary was on Feb 3rd so B and I decided to combine that celebration with Valentine's day. That way, we didn't have to deal with crowded restaurants or shortages of chocolate. The slacker that I am, couldn't think of anything to get B so I didn't have a gift on the 3rd. This made me feel like a schmuck especially when he gave me a gift that day. Instead, I presented him with a V-day card and gift yesterday.

I picked up the card a while ago while I was waiting for my meds at Walgreen. I decided I wanted to get a card that was for my HUSBAND. Yes, the first official card to my husband. I almost had to give up the idea though because all the husband cards SUCKED. I'm more of a funny card person. It's very rare that I give a sappy card to someone. I'll even opt for a neutral or blank card before going to sappy. I eventually found an acceptable card and even picked up a Snickers Easter Egg for him.

That was the extent of my pre-planning. I couldn't think of anything good for a gift. Sure, he needs some underwear, a belt and some storage things for the garage but those didn't seem appropriate for V-day. I could have done something fun with underwear but the ones he really likes aren't that thrilling. White, Polo, cotton, boxer-like things (BORING). I thought about it for weeks with no inspiration.

In the end, I rushed over the Target last night after my workout and bought him the Simpson's 7th Season on DVD and a box of Giardelli's chocolate. The Simpson's is his all-time favorite show and he already has all the previous seasons. Giardelli's has recently become 'our' chocolate because it is made in San Fran, not far from where we were married. Not a really romantic day, but ok in my books.

1 Comments:

  • You have a husband. That has such a nice ring to it. I'm glad you had a nice low key day.

    By Blogger Networkchic, at 10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home