Tosa Tales

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Santa Pub Crawl

I've been looking forward to this year's resurrection of SPC but not to the extent that I have in the past. For many years, a bunch of fun people have dressed up as Santa (or some variation of it), hopped on a school bus and spread Xmas joy to 4 different bars/pubs around town. I have very fond memories of previous SPCs and turns out that B was at the first SPC that I attended but we never met that night. There are usually 40+ Santas so it's not surprising to not meet everyone. I had also just moved to town and only knew 2 of the other Santas.

This year just won't be the same because it's not the same group of people that have gone in the past and I won't be drinking because of baby. HOWEVER, my excitement level just got a huge boost yesterday. I found out that Aussie is flying in from NYC and attending SPC. YAY!!! If only I could convince Firecracker to fly in ALSO! My SPC would be complete! I know that won't happen but a girl can always dream, right?

There are a few interesting twists this year. All the suburban Santas will be gathering at our house for the bus. This means I get to dust off my hostess apron and have to make sure the house is spotless. There is also an infrastructure change happening on the same night that I'm coordinating. I've got a person lined up to cover for me but I feel a bit guilty.

I also hope I can stay awake all night. I need to get all the prep work done early so I'll have time to fit in a nap. Otherwise, I'm doomed.

1 Comments:

  • I wish I could make it too!! I had fun the one time I was able to make it. You'll still have fun with Aussie and B - that's pretty much guaranteed! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home