Tosa Tales

Monday, October 24, 2005

I'm back!

I'm officially a Mrs. And the answer to everyone's question? No, I don't feel any different. B and I have been living together for over 3 years and so far, not much has changed.

The wedding went off without any problems and it turned out to be a beautiful day. We spent a few days in San Francisco before heading up to Napa Valley. Toured a bit around the city but mostly greeted friends and family as they arrived for the wedding. Once in Calistoga, we went to a few wineries but mostly got stuff set up for the wedding.

Everyone met up for the barrel tasting tour at our winery on Friday. This was how we discovered the Silver Rose in the first place. On our first trip to Napa Valley, we read somewhere that they had the best tour (and they do!). Everyone seemed to enjoy the tour. The rehearsal and dinner followed the tour.

Day of the wedding, my maid of honor (Firecracker) and I went for a massage and to get our nails done. A great way to start a long day. We stopped to grab some lunch and then started getting ready. My new sister-in-law came over to do our hair (I really lucked out that she is a beautician!) and did a fabulous job. We were ready on time and started some pictures before the ceremony. B and I were torn about seeing each other before the ceremony but we saw each other that morning and we were concerned that there wouldn't be enought light for all the pictures after the late ceremony. Since we did them before the ceremony, we were able to go right to the champagne toast and dinner. BONUS!

The ceremony went off without a hitch. I had both my mom and dad walk me down the isle. Mom pretty much raised me and I'm much closer to her so I wanted to include her. I didn't shed any tears although there were plenty in my eyes ready to fall. I can ususally hold things together until I see or hear someone else crying. I looked over at B and saw tears in his eyes and just about lost it. I had to stare at his bow tie for a while to prevent myself from bawling. We then had a funny moment when I couldn't quite get B's ring on his finger all the way. After that, my composure had returned.

After the ceremony, we hiked around the vineyard fields for a while with the photographers to get some pictures. Then, on to the champagne toast. B's dad made a toast and shed a few tears (very sweet) and Firecracker followed it up with a great toast. Next was dinner. The food and cake were excellent! Luckily, all the vendors I picked did a great job without a lot of input from me.

The next day we headed south to Half Moon Bay. Spent a few days there and headed home. We decided to take our honeymoon next spring when we have more time and money. There is too much other stuff going on right now. We have the party coming up, finishing up renovations on the house and then the holidays. Next spring, I'll be able to relax and enjoy the honeymoon more!!!

2 Comments:

  • Congrats....and I'm glad to hear your wedding went off without a hitch. I bet you looked beautiful. I don't need to see pics to be able to tell you are really happy. That makes me smile.

    By Blogger Networkchic, at 3:05 PM  

  • Congrats Tosa! I hope I get the chance to say it in person real soon.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home