Tosa Tales

Friday, January 20, 2006

Cult Parties

Last night I went to a Tastefully Simple party hosted by a co-worker. I was kind of surprised when I received the invitation since I don't really know her that well. She is kind of a friend of a friend. In general, I don't like the product parties. You feel obligated to purchase stuff that is overpriced because your friend will get free or discounted stuff. And you have to sit through the schpeel about how great the company is and how much the bright-eyed, too happy sales person loves her job. Ugh! It's not my thing.

However, I thought I'd be social and give it a try. I haven't been to a Tastefully Simple party before so why not? It wasn't bad. I got to chat with a friend that I don't see very often. She is the wife of a co-worker. One of those people that when you run into them you think, we should get together sometime. But never do.

In the end, I did purchase some stuff but not a lot. I avoided anything dessert related because if I buy it, I'LL EAT IT! B doesn't have much of a sweet tooth unless it is chocolate. And even then, he only eats a little bit a day. I however, will devour an entire dessert within a few hours or days if I know it's in the house. I have no willpower when it comes to certain foods.

Girl Scout cookies are a perfect example. I only buy one box a year and it gets eaten within few days. B will buy a box of Thin Mints and put it in the freezer. It may last 6 MONTHS or more! The only thing that keeps me from eating his Thin Mints is the fact that I know they are his AND he is instructed to keep them well hidden in the freezer. It helps if they are out of my line of sight. Out of sight, out of mind.

I digress. In addition to the cult party, I got to see my co-worker's new house. It's brand new and nicely decorated (she is very into themes). I was a bit envious of all the space but I wouldn't trade my bungalow that is packed full of character and beautiful woodwork (only 10 minutes from downtown) for all that space in the middle of nowhere. She lives about 40 minutes west of Milwaukee. One day I'd like to have a little cabin on a lake in the middle of nowhere but I don't think I could give up city life altogether. Seeing how nicely decorated her house is has reminded me that I have all sorts of pictures and art that I have never gotten around to framing or hanging up. I think that will be my mission this weekend - DECORATE!

2 Comments:

  • I'd take character over space any day.

    By Blogger Networkchic, at 12:52 PM  

  • I live in the middle of nowhere. I miss the city life. I agree completely with NWC - character, over space! I'd still like a nice big-ass jacuzzi-tub bathroom though...with jet showerheads...and..

    By Blogger Spitfire, at 5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home